Harris assists companies, corporate management and company directors on a wide range of internal issues within a company. Examples include the relationship with day-to-day operations, assessment and investigation of individual cases, formulating group-level agreements, financing, developing company structures, reporting to supervisory authorities, internal routines, and business development through organic growth or acquisitions.
We also offer our clients a company secretarial function by which our legal secretaries prepare the necessary documents required under company law such as meeting notices, updating the shareholder register, submitting reports to the Norwegian Register of Business Enterprises, etc., which takes the pressure off the company’s administration team and ensures that the company documentation satisfies the relevant legislation.
We regularly provide advice on legal issues facing companies, including:
- Transactions, including selection of transaction model
- Company formation and dissolution/closure
- Transfer of shares, including issues relating to rights of first refusal and consent requirements
- The responsibilities and obligations of the Board of Directors, including the relationship with middle management
- Planning and executing Annual General Meetings (AGMs)
- Capital and equity, including conditions for equity, dividends, group contributions, capital changes (including Board authorisation)
- Reorganisation, mergers and demergers
- Liable companies, limited partnerships, internal partnerships
- Purchase of own shares
- Business conversions
- Board liabilities
- Shareholder agreements and consulting on issues relating to the relationship among shareholders and to the relationship between the company and its shareholders
- Agreements between the company and allied parties, including loan agreements
- Shareholder disputes
- Litigation and dispute resolution related to the aforementioned areas
Harris is committed to finding the solution that best serves the client, and works closely with the client and its other consultants to achieve this.
Quality and accessibility are key elements of our company law team’s work.
Relevant articles about company law